This is the timeline of Rule of Rose.
- Gregory M. Wilson writes in his diary about his ill son, Joshua.
- Jennifer's parents die in an airship crash. She is eventually found by Gregory; this could have happened anywhere between June-November.
- Wendy and Jennifer decide to go to the Rose Garden Orphanage, but don't actually flee yet.
- Sometime this month, Jennifer arrives at the orphanage and is settled in. On her first day at the orphanage, a photo is taken of everyone.
- A journal in Hoffman's office can be found, dated March 2: "Recently, the children have been engaging in odd activities and spreading disturbing rumors -- rumors about creatures that come after children who don't clean up and stray dogs that kidnap small tots... It's all very bizarre."
- Jennifer finds a puppy and names him Brown.
- Mr. Hoffman's koi disappears.
- Amanda begins to bear a grudge against Jennifer.
- December 20th - Gregory M. Wilson commits the orphanage massacre and Jennifer survives.
It can be assumed that 10 years after the massacre, Jennifer has forgotten about her life at the orphanage and at 19, she relives her childhood in order to remember the oath she made to Wendy and Brown through a dream.