|The Wise-Looking Princess|
|Occupation||Student/resident at Rose Garden Orphanage|
|Voice actor||Barbara Barnes|
|“|| Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Aristocrat Club!
Margaret, more commonly called Meg, holds the third spot in the Red Crayon Aristocrat Club. Intelligent, but inflexible, she considers herself faultless and carries her notebook containing various club rules, notes, and punishment plans with her everywhere.
A resident of Rose Garden Orphanage, Meg is usually seen reading in the library. She is also close to Susan, often helping her read. Meg believes Wendy's legend, just as Diana and the other children do. She often writes her reports about the Stray Dog legends in her notebook and gives orders to the other members of the club to gather more information on them.
The storybook for Meg, and to a lesser extent Diana, is entitled "The Goat Sisters." Meg fell in love with Diana, and in September of 1930, wrote her a love letter expressing her feelings. While Meg was away, Diana ripped the letter in half, humiliating her and mocking her when talking to Eleanor about the love letter. She kept one half of the letter and stuffed the other half into the stomach of a ragged goat doll.
Diana told Meg that someone had taken the letter, and this made Meg become paranoid, as she couldn't find the halves of the letter and was afraid that someone else would read it. Her fears were confirmed when Jennifer found both halves of the letter and read it in full, embarrassing Meg and reducing her to tears. As punishment for her actions, Meg stuffed Jennifer into an Onion Bag outside the orphanage, while she and the other orphans put an array of disgusting insects and horrible items in with her before abandoning her outside.
When Wendy issued a Rule of Rose to the other orphans not to speak to Jennifer to make her feel isolated, Meg obliged by ignoring Jennifer all the time. Wendy's final Rule of Rose to murder Jennifer's pet dog Brown was also partially obliged by Meg. When Jennifer violently lashes out at Wendy and shows her hatred towards the other orphans, Meg seems frightened and guilty, shaking in fear behind her notebook.
Meg, along with the other orphans, chooses to elect Jennifer as their new Princess of the Red Rose, but shortly afterwards is murdered by Gregory M. Wilson during the orphanage massacre.
Despite Meg's position as an antagonist, there is much information in the game leading to the conclusion that she is far from evil. Her actions, although they are mostly of the malevolent sort, are not all bad-natured. She could be seen as misguided, desperate for affection. Jennifer says Meg was bound by the shackles of foolish devotion.
Compared to Diana and Eleanor, Meg seems to be the most empathetic of the trio. When she discovers Jennifer with her torn love letter, she is heartbroken and cries. When Jennifer stands up the Aristocrat Club, she is seen cowering behind her notebook with a frightened expression, whereas Diana and Eleanor are nonchalant. After Jennifer is elected the new Princess of the Red Rose, Meg is seen giving Jennifer an extra curtsey.
It is unknown if Meg has romantic feelings towards Diana, though it is a possibility, as one of the game's themes involves girls exploring their feelings for one another, albeit not in a sexual manner. It is known that Meg has an emotional connection with Diana ("I love you with all my heart"), though whether or not Meg's relationship with Diana has an underlying physical/sexual attraction is kept ambiguous.
Margaret has been an English name since the 11th century, becoming popular throughout the Middle Ages. It derives from the Greek words μαργαρίτης, which means "pearl" and μάργαρος, meaning "mother-of-pearl." Pearls are very rare treasures, just like Meg, who is gifted with tremendous intelligence and a talent in inventing. The term "pearl of wisdom" can also reflect her cleverness.
However, pearl oysters also have big, hard shells to protect themselves, which exactly represents Meg's nature and personality: she puts on a tough, proud persona to protect herself, keeping her self-disappointment inside.
- "O Diana, Diana! I love you with all my heart."
- "In today's search for Sir Peter, the two absentees are Jennifer and Amanda. This will be reported to the princess. You will be duly punished."
- "Sir Peter has run away. Jennifer and Amanda, you are to find him immediately."
- "May I have your attention. This is a message from the Princess of the Rose. The message reads... Thus concludes the message from the Princess."
- "You know what? I'll never get along with her. No chance, not ever!"
- "I know what you're doing... You're looking for the bird of happiness, aren't you? It's in a room nearby, but I don't remember the room number..."
- "No, I bet she'll be furious. She's going to go insane."
- "It's a bet!"
- "It's not here, either. If someone else finds it..."
- "There must be something very important to you... Why don't you go find it?"
- "Why do you have it?!"
- "How could she? How could she do that to me? What did I ever do to her? I can't get along with girls like her..."
- "It's into the onion bag for her!"
- "Greetings, Princess Jennifer. Thank you very much for coming to our new Aristocrat Club."
- "Now, Princess, please think up a new game."
- In Sir peter chapter, if Jennifer talks to Meg before meeting with Amanda, then she will fault Jennifer and Amanda for not having participated in today's search for Peter and announces that she will report to the Red Rose Princess.
- Unused images imply Meg was originally named Kate.